We all need to find our own path, and sometimes taking leaps instead of small steps can cause us to stumble. Taking one step at a time might look different for everyone as we do not all process things the same way or at the same speed. That is what makes our journey unique to all of us. Sometimes when we start skipping steps or over extending ourselves to achieve our goals faster, there comes a point when you burn out, physically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually, and completely stopping in your tracks, putting a pause on your efforts. I am sure that everyone at some point in their life experience this, it might very well be the reason they have come to work with a life coach in the first place, and to get back on track you have to go back to the basics. Refresh and retrain your mind from the very beginning, as you would with a child learing to clean up their play area.
- Notice the mess.
- Acknowledge the mess.
- Learn how to clean up the mess, step by step.
- Clean up the mess by putting each toy where it belongs.
- Maintain this practice and avoid chaos.
- Disregard this practice and lose access to the play area.
Now apply those 6 things to tall children as clients who do not follow office policies:
- Verbal warning.
- Written warning.
- Re-education with original signed contract.
- Stop inappropriate behavior (calling or showing up at the clinic multiple times per day).
- Follow office policies: one message per day and wait for a response (up to 24 hours). ****OR****
- Do not follow office policies: discharged from services (referred to a different office).
Interesting how it turns out to be so similar. I believe that a lot of what we do in health care is bringing people back to the basics. It seems that there are times when we forget how simple somethings in life can be and we need a little reminder or nudge in the right direction to get back on track. It brings me happiness to know that simply changing your inner thoughts can change the way you view the world, and that I have been given the opportunity to help others redefined their purpose and get them back on the right path.
I guess it is not all that bad, being tall children, if it means that we can learn and grow as children do, with fresh curiosity and determination. Thanks for the little laugh, it brightened my day.